Sunday, December 22, 2013

Handmade Gift Bookmarkers, sweet and inexpensive.

I have a huge button bin that I've been collecting for years. When I found this post I had a serious "AHA!" moment. I made up a handful for some older ladies I know who love to read that I will tuck into their gift bags.

By the way, the blog I found it on is worth at least a half hour of exploring...budget your time accordingly! Visit them HERE.

Not the best picture on my Android but you get the idea. Very fast and very simple to make and look very luxurious. My 4 year old wants a trip to the button store to make his own after Christmas.

I will try to throw up some blogs with this year's Christmas bag contents. Not having much money never means you can't show your loved ones you care, it just means you have to be more creative! Sounds trite but true. Who doesn't like handmade thoughtful gifts?

I have had several Christmas seasons where I had to use food stamp money to buy cookie making ingredients to make gift bags. Do I let it get me down? Hell no. When they toss that department store gift basket back under the tree and sit noshing on my (best cookie ever!) peanut butter chocolate chip cookies I feel proud and content.


Happy Holidays!

No comments: