Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Easy Bed Frame to Build

SO my bed frame broke.....yeah, one too many jumps from one of the boys (yes you Nicholas). I went to look at bed frames at a few stores and came to the conclusion that I did not have over $200 to spend on a new one. I store a ton of stuff under my bed so mattress on the floor was not really an option.




I googled bed frames plans and Holy Cannoli there's a pile of them. The one that caught my eye was " Cheap Easy Low Waste". Much Thanks to the author for this fabulous plan!







For $72.50 I built a queen sized bed and repurposed my headboard. Woohoo! The really bored guys at Home Depot cut my wood so essentially I just had to predrill holes and screw the pieces together.
This baby is incredibly sturdy and comfortable besides. I still have my storage space as well.




An unintended side benefit was that this bed takes up much less space, at least visually if not in actuality, so my room seems much bigger.


I am working on my saw phobia and plan to do a few more projects. My scrap pile is growing and I have bookmarked a few pages.
The low cost is wonderful and I am so pleased with myself. Yay!



No comments: