Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Microwave Baked Potatoes

Every now and again I get on a baked potato kick. They rank up there with pizza and sandwiches for being customizable. Healthy, cheap, and fast, what's not to love?

Fast? Fast? What is she thinking? Some of you may not be familiar with the potato bag. My best friend thought I was nuts when I said I would have baked potatoes on the table in less than 10 minutes.  For a wee tiny bit of fabric and batting you can make one of these bags in just a few minutes with very basic sewing skills. Here's a tutorial HERE and HERE.





Toppings can be as varied as your imagination. Here's some ideas to get you started.



  • Ham and Cheese
  • Chili ( with or without cheese)
  • Salsa and sour cream
  • Broccoli and cheese
  • Tomato sauce and parm cheese
  • Bacon bits, cheese, and sour cream
  • Black beans, salsa, and cheese
  • Chopped chicken and cheese
  • Pesto 


Yummy dinner! Excellent way to use up leftover bits from supper the night before too.
And by the way, I am sure you could whip up a few extra potato bags for gifts now couldn't you?


No comments: